“Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.”

Revlon’s Brow Fantasy Pencil and Gel Review

Posted on 11:49 PM | By A.Z. | In

SOOOO. Taken into account my eyebrow rant, I've put together a review of my current eyebrow pencil, Revlon’s Brow Fantasy Pencil and Gel liner. I've been using this brow pencil for quiet a while now. I've already gone through 2 and mind you, for me that's ALOT for me taken how often I switch off and use other products. HOWEVER it is not my HG brow pencil, although it is dangerously close.

Information
Perfect your brows with Revlon’s Brow Fantasy® Pencil & Gel. Define and style brows in two quick steps for a polished look that lasts all day. The defining pencil fills in with soft, blendable color, while the brush-on sheer-tint gel styles, shapes and sets brows. Available in 4 shades.

I think I first tried this out about 2-3 years ago? I don't really remember. But I read alot of reviews about it on makeupalley and beauty blogs for a while before I bought it. Not to mention I was a cheapie back then and didn't wanna fork over 8 bucks for an eyebrow pencil. But for the sake of spending less time in the morning with my grey eyeshadow and brush, I gave in and bought it.

Once I started using it, I was hooked. It saved so much time and glided so nicely. and the gel was a nice addition to my long sparse and unruley brow hairs. However, it wasn't long before I reached the bottom of the pencil, about 6-7 months or so. And that's very dissapointing taken the pencil is actually only 1/3 or 1/2 if you want to be generous, of what a normal brown pencil should be. So you're actually not getting that much product. But, since it came with a nice tinted gel I let that go, especially since it saved me so much more time in the mornings.

I have owned 3 of the colors before, Black, Dark Brown, and Dark Blond for when I was a blond

Pros
-Glides on very nicely. The pencil is very smooth, not harsh at all. Although I would not say they glide on as easy as Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils (example) but they don't tug your skin either. I think they're the perfect softness
-Can build up color. I was using the Dark Blonde when my hair was medium blonde. However currently my hair is a medium brown (supposed to be dark brown but the color faded somewhat) I picked up the dark blonde and used it, and it works fine. It's a little lighter but with just a little more pressure the color went well with my hair. It was a shade or two darker
-Easy to remove with makeup remover
-Color choices go well with just about any type of hair
-The gel tames your brows very well

Cons
-Can fade or melt after a while. But this is taken that the oil on my face are like oil mines.
-Not exactly rub proof since I have a habit of touching my face, my eyebrows no exception. But I do try not to touch them as much
- Little product. Pencil wise I don't think you're getting your money's worth of product. Also the product because it's pretty soft it goes blunt pretty often so you need to have a sharpener handy
-Lasting power isn't as long as I'd prefer (for super oily skin it started melting at around 5-7 hours depending on the weather)

Would I buy this product again?
YES. However I'm still on the lookout for my HG brow pencil. Revlon came out with a brow pencil/highlighter combo in their colorstay line. I'm dying to try that. When I do I'll write a review :)

Comments (1)

This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

comments?♥