“Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.”

Natural Smokey Browns FOTD

Posted on 11:48 PM | By a.z.♥ | In , , ,

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Products Used
Face
  • IPKN Multi Makeup Finishing Base
  • Maybelline SuperStay Foundation in Nude (see below for more details)
  • Revlon Matte Blush in Rosy Glow (001)
  • MAC Blot Powder in Medium Dark
Eyes
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Blond
  • Revlon Matte eyeshadow in Sable
  • Revlon Matte eyeshadow in Vintage lace
  • Makeup Forever Aqua liner in Black
  • Maybelline Lash Stylist Mascara
Lips
  • MAC Lipstick in Speed Dial
  • NYX Lipgloss in Whipped
---------+----------

Photobucket
Foundations I currently own: (L-R) Maybelline Superstay in Nude, Revlon Colorstay in Golden Beige and Laneige Snow Crystal in shade 02
Foundation Search: DAY 1- Maybelline SuperStay Foundation
So I'm looking for a new foundation because the Laniege foundation that I have is a little too light for me at the moment and I don't want to buy another one in a darker shade because if I remember correctly the next darkest shade was somewhat more pink toned that the one I purchased (and their selection of shades SUCK). I'm laying off the Revlon because with prolonged use I get small bumps on my skin, but the color match is almost exact. It seems to blend seamlessly into my skin, matches my current skin color very well (I don't know what I'm going to do when I get lighter :[ ) So I picked up the new Maybelline SuperStay Liquid Foundation yesterday at the local drugstore. But it turns out I picked out the wrong color :( I picked up Nude but it was obviously darker than my natural skintone. In the photos in my FOTD, you can probably tell it's a few shades darker than my normal skintone. Tomorrow I'm going to go exchange it for a lighter shade.

What do I have to say about it so far? It's only been the first day that I've used it, but so far my impression is okay. There are definetly pros and cons, but for now I'll just blame it on the color that I picked out. If with further use the problems persist then I'll let you guys know! :)